Monday, August 6, 2012

No Phone

Lately, I have been hating my iPhone 4 with a passion. Set aside that I don't have Siri to boss around and I am still left with a phone that has unexplained glitches for days at a time. I went to the Apple store to have them explained and all I got was some bullshit about how if 2 or more errors happen at the same time yada yada yada. All I know is that every time a new iPhone is about to be released, my old one gets a little wonky. Steve Jobs is flippin' some mass kill switch from the grave that forces us (or mostly me) to upgrade. September cannot come soon enough.

To top off my iPhone woes, Hubby's iPhone's power switch was jammed and he had to take it into Best Buy for a replacement. We have Black Tie Coverage and all he has to do is take his phone in and they give him a new one, but it takes 2-3 business days as they ship them in. Until then (hopefully Wednesday), he is stuck with this antique Samsung that's quite hilarious. Actually, it's somewhat new and modern, but light years behind the almighty Apple wunderkind. 

His lack of awesome apps to assist him with, well, everything, has made me cherish my POS 4 a bit more. It's stopped it's ridiculous reboot cycle and though I will be the first in line when the 5 is released in September, I thought I would take the opportunity this Monday to show you my Must Have Apps.

In no particular order, these are my top 10/most used apps that I cannot live with out (or just don't want to).

Spotify
Totally awesome music app. For only $7.99 a month, I get all the frigging music I want and it's available offline (who ever goes offline?). It has radio, play lists and you can share shit with your friends. I swear by it. If the price seems to steep, I reasoned it with myself this way: I spent way more than that each month on iTunes.



Google
Hubby prefers to Google everything via Safari, but I loves me my google app. It has everything in one. It even keeps me logged into my Gmail and remembers shit I've searched for. Anything I use google for is accessible here. From Blogger to translate to my calenders. Saves me from having to download all the separate apps.



TWC Max
The Weather Channel Max is the best weather app out there. It gives detailed weather info and an hour-by-hour breakdown. Don't settle for the weather app that comes with the phone. Get this one!



Instagram
I had Instagram before it was available on Android and way before it was cool. Okay, I'm done being a hipster. Instagram is by far the coolest filter/social media app. Just trust me and get it, because I am not putting up screen shots of all it's cool features because then I would be showing you pics of my friends and I don't have their permission. You get a shot of my kindle. Deal with it.


Pinterest
Pinterest is a virtual pin board where everything amazing in the world comes together. It's also mobile and prevents me from getting much done.



Drop 7
This is my favorite busy game. It's pretty entertaining once you get the hang of it and is my go to "try to exhaust my brain" app when I can't sleep. I'd explain the way it works but that takes to much time and effort.



Brave Temple Run
Who plays Temple Run? I did...until I found the Disney Brave version! It has everything the original has but with targets you have to shoot arrows at! Stop bragging about your plain old Temple Run high score and get on my bad ass level.



TMZ
I have real news apps, but TMZ is my celebrity news app. And they're always right and have the best sources. For those of you who like that sort of thing, this is the app to get.



Netflix
Netflix mobile is actually easier to use than the website. And as you can see, I am seriously reliving my teenage years with some melodramatic Dawson's Creek. Joey is still a whiny bitch, Dawson is still a pussy, Jen is still the coolest chick ever and Pacey, well, I'd still hit that.


Fandango 
Never wait in line at the movies again. Seriously, for a small convenience fee per purchase, you can buy your tickets online and print them out at the kiosk at the theater. There is NEVER a line at our theater kiosk, probably because Sun Citians aren't that bright.



Pimp Your Screen
Last but not least (and also a bonus #11) is Pimp Your Screen. It allows you to customize your home screen and lock screen and add all sorts of cute/cool features. Here is my page 2 so you can see the folder outlines.


What apps are my fellow iPhoner's rockin'? I'd love to add to my daily faves. Let me know in the comments!


















3 comments:

Caitlyn said...

I love "Pimp your Screen"!! XD

Unknown said...

obviously i have the puss in boots version of fruit ninja

Fat Bottomed Girl said...

Puss in Boots Fruit Ninja?????? OMG. Downloading now!

Post a Comment

 
;