Thursday, August 9, 2012

It Takes Two

What in the world happened today? I'll tell you what happened today!

Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings won their third-straight Olympic Gold Medal in women's beach volleyball! It was beyond amazing.




I'm not sure what was better, that USA took Gold AND Silver (Jen Kessy and April Ross), or that it sounded like the whole stadium was singing The Star-Spangled Banner during the medal ceremony. Kerri was almost bawlin', which caused me to tear up. Gotta cry when you see another patriotic sap. 

I can confidently say that these two winning will be my favorite moment of the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Gabby and the Fab Five were amazing. Shayna Richards-Ross and the rest of the Longhorns in London made my heart swell. Kellie Wells getting Bronze in the 100m hurdles made me sob like a baby (with happiness). Phelps being Phelps and being the winningest Olympian of all time was historical. But Misty and Kerri are by far the baddest chicks and have stolen the Olympics.

I have been scouring the web trying to find the video from the medal ceremony. I tell ya, to hear everyone singing our national anthem was amazing. You'll get chills. Hopefully, NBC will stop being so Jewish with the footage and put it online at some point and then you can get chills as well. Yes, I said Jewish. You don't get to be offended.

BTW, Go On came on after Bob Costas' interview with Misty and Kerri (which was tres hilarious). It's that new show with Matthew Perry about a guy in group therapy after his wife dies. I had said that despite all the previews that featured Olympics tie-ins (a la Shawn Johnson) that I wasn't going to watch it. How many shows was this man going to do post-Friends that bombed? Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip was quite dry and brilliant but it tanked. Mr. Sunshine...well, I now it tanked but I have no idea what it was about. This was just starting to get sad. 

But alas, Hubby and I laughed. A. Lot. The characters are just the right amount of bizarre and pitiful and leave you laughing at them while feeling sympathetic to their loss (one lady is there because her cat died...thought of you Baby Sis). In his first session, Ryan (Perry's character) turns the meeting into "March Sadness," a bracketology of sorts to see who's experience is worse. One man pleads his case by saying "I returned from deployment and my wife had a baby." Ryan says "So you missed the birth?" and the man replies "And the conception." I chocked on my drink I laughed so hard. 

I really hope it does well. I feel like my fall TV lineup is missing comedy. It officially premiers Tuesday, September 11 on NBC. And yes, it weirded me out about the date as well. Check out the commercial and trailer below. If you didn't watch the episode tonight, the trailer pretty much sums up the first episode so you won't have missed anything really.




Tomorrow, I start a new class. I already know that I will detest the instructor without a shadow of a doubt. I'll explain tomorrow. 

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;