Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Won't See You Tonight

Holy hell do I have a blog for you! I was working on my homework for the most of the day and was pretty sure I wouldn't have time for a blog. I even got kind of sad about it. I mean, I barely popped one out yesterday and now I wasn't going to have time or material for today. But low and behold, the powers that be wouldn't stand for that and gave me some great shit. Well, great is relative. I'll understand if you all think I'm a cruel bitch after this one.

It has been one of those days. Every time I sat down to write my research paper (that's due tomorrow and I started today) I have been dragged away by Little Bug. Her Poppa and Grandma took her for a bit and even that wasn't enough of a break with all the household stuff that needed doing. By the time Hubby got home, I was ready to plop down and get to writing. That didn't happen as Hubby and I were discussing what to do about Little Bug's rejection of a scheduled life and all things meal time.

My mother was downstairs with her convincing her to eat (it helps that she made her chicken nuggets) when we heard her start yelling. She sounded frantic as she yelled for us to come grab Little Bug and to hurry. We rushed down the stairs, Hubby practically leaping down them. He scooped her up and Mom explained to me that the cops were outside. Oh, the Douchebag Family must have had another knockdown drag out I thought. But wait, that was not the case.

Next door, where the Vile Filthy Rotten Cunt used to live, I could see over the fence into the backyard. There stood four Sun City police officers attempting to calm the current resident. She shall be called Florence Nightingale because that bitch was always thinking she was sick too. Florence is in her early to mid-forties and at any given time has a litany of diseases. She has asthma and heart issues but still smoke. She has some type of shoulder problem that has caused nodules to grow on the bone. She allegedly had a stroke two weeks ago and was paralyzed. She speaks like she is intentionally skipping words to mimic stroke after effects, but when you catch her off guard, her speech is just like yours or mine. I personally believe she has Munchhausen Syndrome as these illnesses all seem to flare up when her husband is going back to work or her family is about to leave after coming to help her. How she hasn't been committed before this is beyond me.

She came over yesterday during the All-Star game asking about paint. I had no idea what the hell she wanted, but Hubby had done some help for her around her house because she's just so sick and I beckoned him. He grabbed the paint she was asking about and insisted she just keep it and then mumbled something about studying and bolted upstairs. She bitched to my mother about putting all this work into their house (that they rent) and how she was going to demand that the landlord (my mom's friend) pay her back. Mom also then made up some excuse and bolted. They just left me and Little Bug downstairs with her. She tried talking to me about something and I explained very nicely we were watching the game and looking for my Baby Sis because she was there. This prompted 35 awkward minutes of her talking about baseball, Little Bug's clothing, her daughter, her surgery and her cat. I finally said "Well, thanks for coming over, I've got to get Little Bug to bed." She still stayed another 5 minutes.

Mind you, this is her NORMAL behavior. She always keeps you longer than she should when all you did was say "Hello" at the mailbox. She always talks about her wounds and issues. The faking a speech impediment things was new, but other than that, same old Florence.

Flash back to tonight and I saw Florence, surrounded by police, and a knife in her hand. She would switch back and forth from using it to point at the officers and her husband to holding it against her stomach and her thigh like she was going to cut herself. The officers didn't have their weapons drawn, but in the back yard behind hers, I could see two officers with shotguns that I would later find out were loaded with non-lethal. She was screaming and yelling, cussin' up a storm, but with the door shut, I couldn't make out what she was saying. I turned to see if anyone was watching from inside with me, couldn't have been more than 5 seconds, but as soon as I turned back, she was on the ground being cuffed.




In front of the house were a total of 7 cop cars, but there were three more around the corner, ready to leap in to action. I guess suicidal white women bring the cops out. Maybe next time I'll say the Douchebag family is white and suicidal instead of reporting the shit they really do. 




Speaking of the Douchebag family, I bet this was a night they wished everyone had been home for. The pervert old man stood outside watching, probably desperately relieved that it wasn't his house this time. His whore wife actually sent the youngest slut Athena over to ask the cops what was going on. She actually said "You guys aren't here because they called on us right?" I'm not sure if I would have asked a cop that, but guilty is as guilty does. Apparently, Florence has called on the Douchebag family a few times and they had threatened her. You can barely make out his old crusty ass next to the compound door.




This is how they left her for over an hour. They cuffed her and stuck her in the back of the squad car. She was screaming and yelling the whole time. A few times, she flailed around and banged her head against the window. When the sun started to set, they put the spotlight from the car behind hers on so they could see in the window. Great idea right? Leave the suicidal woman all by her lonesome.

One of the officers asked us if we knew her very well and we told him what we knew. He explained that she said no one cares about her, no one helps her, and she was so lonely. He said we need to talk to her more and help her out. I'm all about helping those who need it, but what if she turns the knife on us?! I have a four-year-old child I need to think about here. Besides, we do help her out. We've helped her carry in groceries without being asked, cleaned up her yard, helped paint and Hubby has fed and walked her dogs. We've stood outside for extended periods of time while she chain smokes and goes on and on about her ailments that have apparently baffled the medical community. I've sympathized, offered suggestions, let her dote on Little Bug because she misses her grand kids...what else are we supposed to do?! 

So as the cops are finally leaving, her husband comes over and tells us what happened. He says he was on the phone with her as he was coming home from work and she was talking to him like she was a 12 year old. He said she has "episodes" where she reverts back to her 12 year old self. Um, I'm not a shrink, but wither she was faking it for attention or she reverts to age 12 because that's when something traumatic happened to her. So he rushes home and as he walks in the door, she walks into the kitchen, gets a big ol' knife and holds it to her throat and says she's going to kill herself. He called the police and they somehow got her into the back yard and surrounded her.

Here's where it gets odd. He said she has these episodes and has been suicidal off and on for 3 1/2 years or so. Um, don't you think that's something you should tell your neighbors? If you thought something was fishy when she called you, call us. We're next door and could have gone over to help. My mom even told him that and he said "You could have talked her down" but in a tone that was less regretful and more accusatory. What the fuck were we supposed to do if we didn't know? I'm sorry, let me take time away from my family to baby sit your fucking wife. 

The conversation continued for a few more minutes and he didn't act like a man who's wife just threatened to kill herself. He started talking about how our front tree had died and how theirs was dying. Apparently, there is an epidemic killing 80% of the trees in Texas. Because that's more important. It wasn't even like he was trying to change the subject because he was uncomfortable, he really just didn't give a shit. 

Florence is on a 72-hour hold now, but the officers seemed pretty confident that the doctors would commit her. Here's hoping, because let that woman step over here with a knife near my baby. Lord help her.

The reality of the situation is suicide is no laughing matter. If I really felt like she was suicidal, I would not have written this blog. But I don't think she is. In my years as a LEO, I've met suicidal peeps and people who just wanted the attention. She wants the attention. The doctors were starting to tell her that all her illnesses aren't legit and she needed another attention grabber. Well honey, you got it. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;