Thursday, July 12, 2012

No Sleep Til Brooklyn

It is Katniss' birthday today, so happy birthday you skinny bitch...I know you'll be reading this.

I am so fucking tired. I could literally take a coma on my desk and not give a shit. I can't even blink because my eyes are trying to stay shut. Thank goodness for blogging or I would have no motivation to stay awake. I made the mistake of getting a Black Tea Lemonade at Starbucks on the way here and I should have gotten an Americano with 4 extra shots. Little Bug wouldn't take a nap (one I planned on joining her for) and add that to the sleep I barely got last night, I am pretty much a zombie.

You know what helps though, listening to a Real Housewives of New York City Sonja Morgan Hispanic doppelganger talk about how she hasn't started her paper yet. The one due tonight, BTW. She's telling her team member, who wasn't here last week, that she got caught up with her shows and didn't feel like doing it. He apparently hasn't done his either, from this week or the last, but he doesn't think he'll get docked points because Ms. Frizzle doesn't look like a bitch. I hope she sticks to her guns and doesn't give him shit. He needs a name, so does RHONY Doppelganger. I can't call her Hispanic Sonja, too easy to confuse that with Blond Sonja. He shall be Demòn because of the way he pronounced his first name. So Demòn and Doppelganger are in the team with The Deputy and Peircy Paula (she has been in here before but never warranted a name).

I thought that I might like Doppelganger last week, but after listening to their convo, not so much. She's bitching about how we have to take a quiz when class starts and how she didn't study and she shouldn't have to take it because she was just too busy. She just said she was getting caught up on her shows and that's why she couldn't write her paper, don't try to act like you had real shit to do. Demòn says he knows because he was too busy as well, watching some show on Univision. Katniss had a class with him before and will fill me in during lunch break. I can't wait!

We took our quiz and it wasn't hard, but I didn't study (no excuse, just didn't care). If you get 7 correct, you get full credit. I'm sure I'll be fine, but if not, I can handle losing 2 points. Yes, that's all it was worth. Ms. Frizzle is now talking about budgets and how some town on the East coast is paying it's employees minimum wage. She talked about towns going bankrupt and after 5 minutes of rambling, brought it around to juvenile systems getting their budgets cut. Then she jumped to cars and how you need to take care of them so they last longer. Fat Alberto chimed in that his dad was a mechanic. Yep, all of this is relevant to juvenile justice.

We just discussed The Douchebag family and how the juvenile justice system failed them epically. Ms. Frizzle was intrigued, I know she's going to ask me what their name and address is. But I told her it was too late. Those kids are beyond help. Doppelganger said "Don't worry about it, eventually they will kill each other and you can buy the house and burn it down." Yeah, and then salt the earth and get a priest to exercise the demons. I might start liking her again. She also said she beat the shit out of her kids and that's why they grew up to be responsible adults. She's breaking me down bit by bit.

Break consisted of talking about our kids. Little Bug and Katniss' son are pretty much the same child. They were born a day apart and everything he does, she does the same. Piercy Paula tried to add her two cents, but sorry honey, you aren't a mom, you don't get to join this club.

We're back from break and discussing the dangers of the juvenile justice system. Kids do get neglected and fall through the cracks, but that isn't an excuse. I am so sick of people blaming "the system." Yes, there are flaws in the juvenile system, but blaming the system for everything, you're teaching these kids that they are not ever going to be held accountable for their crimes. Doppelganger told us a tail from when her son was seven. He stole a pack of cigarettes with a cops son and he got caught. She let him get arrested (though it didn't stick) to scare him straight. I'm not sure what the bullshit to truth ratio of that story is, but I think she should be the mom that bad kids get sent to. She seems like she really would beat the shit out of someone else's kid if they mouthed off to her.

We're still on the first slide and it's 9:02. We've basically spent the class talking about various ways to discipline your child. Called it. Everyone pretty much agrees on it but Fat Alberto has to add his own spice. Having no kids, he feels that when you spank the kids, they know, you know? When we were discussing my next door suicidal neighbor (of course I brought it up!), he said "Oh yeah they brought a lady in at 2 am to the hospital, the one where I work because she tried to kill herself, you know." I asked "Do you work at Del Sol?" and he said no. "Then it wasn't my neighbor, must be two exact same situations last night in Sun City." My sarcasm and mocking of him was lost because he said "Yeah, it happens all the time." Idiot. I know you're lying and I knew you would try and act like you were somehow involved. Dr. Fat Alberto is now a cop.

This class just refuses to bring the awesome it requires to blog about it. We all basically agree and the ones who don't, well they don't speak anyway, so who cares what they have to think? I'm hoping next week is poppin' but who knows. It'll probably be another class dedicated to how we all got beat as kids and we (in our own minds) turned out fine.

That's all I got for tonight. I am still tired as hell and my pillow is calling my name (yes, I am at home now). See you tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;