Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back When I Was Four

Four is a magical age. Little Bug makes me realize this every day. She reminds me so much of my baby sister, it's scary. Singing and dancing to songs she made up, telling vivid stories about princesses, eating food at the slowest pace imaginable...I gave birth to my baby sister.

Speaking of Baby Sis, I am so proud of her. She was on the flag detail of the MLB All-Star game tonight. Her tiny little ass in her ABU's, holding an 1,100 lb flag like a boss. Little Bug was beyond excited as we tried to spot her on the field.

She is the biggest baseball fan that I know. Earlier this year she got to hold the flag for a Kansas City Royals game, but the All-Star game? I know how excited she is. Even as a National League fan, she geeked out and told me how close she was to Verlander, Napoli, and Hamilton. I told her that if she gets within touching range to show Buster Posey, Matt Cain, Melky Cabrera, and Pablo Sandoval how much I love them.

We've been texting back and forth as I watch from home and she watches from the stands. If I wasn't so excited and proud of her, I'd be HELLA jealous.

It cracks me up that she loves a sport so much. This is the same girl that picked dandelions and camped out in the center of the soccer field at Little Bug's age. We'd yell for her to run after the ball and she would run the opposite direction because she probably spotted a butterfly. Elementary school and middle school she was sportless. In high school, she went out for the softball team on a whim and though I wasn't their to witness it, I'm told she was terrible. She didn't stay that way for long. She put her nose to the grindstone and within a year was on the varsity team.

It was also around this time she turned her new found love of the game into making herself a stats machine! She (as do I) loves her some San Francisco Giants but ask her anything about baseball and I am confident she will have the right answer. One day she aspires to marry Tim Lincecum and I'm okay with this, as long as she gets me Brian Wilson's number.

I know this isn't my usual Tuesday, but I have to brag on that little Bat Girl. Bat girl because as a child she was obsessed with Bat Boy (of national enquirer fame), not because she's obsessed with baseball. Anyway, here are some of her pics from the game. Be jealous and proud with me.


Lucky little Airmen (of the quarter btw)



She was the first on the field at the bottom left corner.



I am green with envy!



And she got a ticket to Fan Fest! Very happy MLB is good to our service members!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;