Thursday, August 18, 2011

Strangest Places

I have walked into an alternate universe on the University of Phoenix campus. The Falcon building. No, I'm not joking, that's the name, and my oh my, it is a beauty. This is what all of the Criminal Justice majors have been missing out on. 


You see, I have to take a math class, two actually, which means I am no longer with my loveable group of miscreants that you have all come to know. Who am I fucking kidding, they were not loveable and I am not sad to be apart from them. 


I am in a classroom that has work stations WITH outlets built in (no more fighting for the ones on the wall), comfortable chairs, clean carpet, and technology from THIS century. I'm a little excited to see how the other half lives and learns. There is another CJ guy in here, a deputy sherriff the next county over and even he is amazed with the quality of The Falcon. Shit, even in the civillian world, cops get the short end of the stick. 


Our instructor is the chair for the math department for some high school. He didn't seem too proud of that fact either. Apparently, that school had very low math scores...and he's teaching us. Super. He looks like the teacher from Stand And Deliver. I don't know what to call him, Edward James Olmos or Jaime Escalante. Maybe Jaime James Olmos. I like it. J-JO it is. He wears glasses AND he's a math teacher...this is too awesome. Unfortunately, there is no Lou Diamond Phillips. "I got more bad news for you, *profe.* I know this is really gonna trip you out, but... I forgot my pencil. "


Oh I love that movie. I need to queue that shit up on Netflix. 


He's talking to the class about how hard this is going to be. He said "I understand if your homework isn't done this week, that's why I made it due next week." and the whole class breathed a sigh of relief. What the shit???? I had my homework done on Sunday. Mother fuckers. 


I am Learning Team E, I like to think it's E for Escalante. It's like we are alread his favorites. It's me, the Deputy, a guy who works for Coca-Cola and a female Medical Biller. They're nice enough. We shall see if they get nicknames and their own blogs soon enough.


OMG, I should have clep'd this class. Why oh why did I take it?!?!?! I have the answer before he finishes the question. This is straight up grade school math. Grrrrr....


To be continued tomorrow...










2 comments:

Fat Bottomed Girl said...

I will give full team member descriptions tomorrow, it's going to be grand.

Shannon said...

LOVE it. :) As usual....

Post a Comment

 
;